- Azim Premji, chairman of Wipro, has won Forbes India Leadership Awards 2018, Lifetime Achievement. Wipro is India's fourth-biggest software services company by revenue and Ajim Premji is the second richest Indian. The Forbes India Leadership Awards, India's most prestigious honour for the top executives, was held in Mumbai. Forbes India honoured entrepreneurs and company bosses across nine categories, with an emphasis on excellence, innovation, and transformational leadership.
- Renault has appointed its Chief Operating Officer (COO) Thierry Bollore as deputy CEO to ensure day-to-day management of the company. His appointment was made after the arrest of its CEO Carlos Ghosn but he will remain as its CEO. Renault's move to appoint a temporary leader was in line with a demand by the French government, which owns a 15% stake in the automaker.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a grand challenge, in the Startup India Portal platform, for improving the Ease of Doing Business in New Delhi. This iniative will invite innovative ideas based on cutting-edge technology to reform Government processes and better India's Ease of Doing Business rank. This is a step towards PM's vision of achieving the goal of 50th position in the Ease of Doing Business.
- Facebook Inc.-owned messaging service WhatsApp on it has appointed Abhijit Bose as head of WhatsApp India, the local entity that is expected to begin operations next year amid calls to check the spread of fake messages. Bose, who was the co-founder and chief executive officer of enterprise payments solutions firm Ezetap, will be based in Gurugram, and join the messaging app in 2019. The move marks the first step by WhatsApp towards meeting the union government's demand to curb the spread of fake news on the platform.
- Paytm (One 97 Communications Limited) has partnered with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to offer online insurance premium payments on its platform. Softbank-backed Paytm will provide premium payment solutions from over 30 insurance companies including LIC, ICICI Prudential Life, Reliance Life, and Max Life Insurance among others.
- The Ujjivan small finance bank a wholly owned subsidiary of Ujjivan Financial Services Limited introduced a new personal loan scheme for salaried individuals. The 14 tier I and tier II locations where the product will be launched are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Pune, Surat, Mumbai, Mysore, Ankaleshwar, Coimbatore, Kochi, Chennai and Vadodara. Personal loans starting from Rs 50,000up to Rs 15 lakhs will be offered to salaried professionals who are earning a monthly salary above Rs 15,000.