- South Korea's Kim Jong Yang has been elected as Interpol's next president, edging out a longtime veteran of Russia's security services, Alexander Prokopchuk, who was strongly opposed by the US, Britain and other European nations. Prokopchuk is a general in the Russian interior ministry and serves as an Interpol vice-president. Interpol's 94 member states chose Kim at a meeting of their annual congress in Dubai. He will serve until 2020.
- Maldives new President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih made the announcement that Maldives Cabinet approves re-joining of Commonwealth after 2 year of withdrawal. Maldives had left commonwealth in 2016 under the leadership of former President Abdulla Yameen amid speculations of corruption and fraud. The Proposal has been sent to the Maldives parliament for ratification.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education won silver in the International Green Apple Award for Environmental best practice 2018. The award was received by Derrick I. Joshua, Assistant Director, Environment Sustainability, MAHE at a ceremony at the Houses of Parliament, London. MAHE was selected for the award from 800 global nominations which competed to pick the greenest individuals, companies, councils and communities.
- The United Nations children's agency UNICEF appointed Millie Bobby Brown, the star of hit Netflix series "Stranger Things", as its youngest ever goodwill ambassador. And the 14-year-old had a message for world leaders: "Listen to us." The appointment - marked on World Children's Day at United Nations Headquarters and the Empire State Building in New York - makes the 14-year-old UNICEF's youngest-ever Goodwill Ambassador.
- 21st November is celebrated as World Fisheries day every year throughout the world. Fishing Communities celebrates the day by organizing rallies, Cultural programs, workshops and exhibition to highlight the importance of healthy ocean ecosystems and to ensure sustainable stocks of fisheries in the world. The day explores moves towards finding solutions to the increasingly inter-connected problems that the world is facing in order to follow sustainable model. Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh said that the Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fundof Rs. 7522 crore will augment production and create more employment opportunities.
- Voreqe Bainimarama has Sworn in as Fiji's Prime Minister for four more years after winning an election with a reduced majority. Voreqe Bainimarama was affirmed prime minister in a ceremony in the capital Suva after his FijiFirst Party won just over half the votes in the recent election. Bainimarama first seized power in a military coup in 2006 and refashioned himself as a legitimate leader after winning an election in 2014.
- The 12th World Congress on Mountain Medicine started in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. The theme of the 4-day congress is "Mountain Medicine in the Heart of the Himalayas". The biennial event mainly focuses on science and research aspects of high altitude medicine. The flagship event of the International Society for Mountain Medicine (ISMM) is being held first time in Nepal and hosted by Mountain Medicine Society of Nepal (MMSN).