- 2019 has been declared as UAE's Year of Tolerance by the UAE Government to underline the commitment to make compassion, inclusion and acceptance a part of everyday life.
- In USA, the researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed an imaging system which could be deployed to find tiny tumours, as small as a couple of hundred cells, deep within the body. They used their imaging system, named "DOLPHIN," which relies on near-infrared light, to track a 0.1-millimetre fluorescent probe through the digestive tract of a living mouse.
- Krishna Kumari Kohli appointed as the first female senator of Pakistan from the Hindu Dalit community. She is also the first Thai Hindu woman to be elected to the Pakistan Senate.
- The Harry Hatry Award for Performance Management has been awarded to Prajapati Trivedi, the Commonwealth's Director of Economic, Youth and Sustainable Development, by the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) and the Center for Accountability and Performance (CAP). The award was presented by Richard Greene, Chair of the Center for Accountability and Performance at a ceremony in Washington, USA.
- Indo Oman Joint Exercise Al Nagah III 2019, a joint military exercise between Indian and Royal Army of Oman (RAO), commenced this morning at HQ Jabel Regiment, Nizwa, Oman
- The United States Special Forces Group stationed in Japan is involved in a joint exercise with India's National Security Guard in Hyderabad, aimed at enhancing the capabilities of the armed forces of the two countries.