- The IIT Madras has recently developed a portable solar-powered cold storage device with a 500 kg capacity for storing vegetables, and fruits, among other items. The device will help farmers store their produce for sufficient time so that it does not get spoilt before it is sold, thereby preventing wastage of agricultural produce. The project has been funded by Department of Science and Technology (Ministry of Science and Technology) and IIT-M.
- The 5 member expert committee set up to recommend easing norms for setting up of petrol pumps have sought public opinion for the same. This committee was set up by the Oil ministry on October 2018 and the 1st meeting was held on November 2, 2018. The committee desired to obtain the views/suggestions of all the stakeholders/ general public regarding the issues of granting marketing authorization of market fuels - petrol, diesel, and aviation turbine fuel (ATF). The views or comments have been asked on the subject within 2 weeks. The reports will be furnished after 60 days of consultations with the stakeholders.
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has dropped the May Day from the list of holidays in the State. He said that the government employees do not need a holiday on International Labour Rights Day. He also claimed that his government has done justice by granting holiday on May 1 only to workers in industrial sector as the day is meant for workers and labourers and no one else.
- According to a recent research by National bureau of economic research (NBER), analysis of the current status of mobility in urban India, using Google maps was conducted. The name of the research paper is: 'Mobility & Congestion in Urban India'. It is the first large-scale analysis of traffic congestion in 154 Indian cities using Google maps. Researchers also analysed 22 million potential trips throughout the prominent cities of the country. According to the findings, Bangalore tops the index for most congested city, and Mumbai ranked 2nd. The other top 5 cities in the list of congested cities are: Delhi (3rd), Chennai (4th) and Kolkata (5th). Hyderabad was in the 6th place, while Pune followed in the seventh place.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio launched GPS Mapping of Government Schools and Personnel Location System in Kohima. This would help in computerization and digitization of records of all the government schools. This is a first in the country initiative and was under taken by the School Education Department of the state.
- The Central government cleared the appointment of Chief Justices of 4 High Courts namely: Allahabad, Patna, Madhya Pradesh and Tripura. The most senior judge of the Rajasthan High Court, Justice Govind Mathur, was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- Election Commission has set up 'Sangwari' polling booths in various constituencies of Chhattisgarh to encourage women voters to vote in the Assembly elections. 'Sangwari' means friend, in Chhattisgarhi dialect. These women friendly booths will be manned by all-female staff like presiding officers, supervisors and security personnel. Chief Electoral Officer of Chhattisgarh, Subrat Sahoo announced that, 5 Sangwari Polling Centres have been set up for women in every assembly segments