- National education day was celebrated across India. In 2008, Central Government declared November 11 as National education day. This day commemorates the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, freedom fighter, educationist and the first Education Minister of independent India from 1947 to 1958. This day recalls the contribution of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad to education in India.
- After the demise of Union Minister Ananth Kumar, Union Minister DV Sadananda Gowda has got the additional charge of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Narendra Singh Tomar was assigned the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs. Currently, DV Sadananda Gowda holds the portfolio of Statistics and Programme Implementation, while Narendra Singh is Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Mines. Mr Ananth Kumar passed away recently due to multiple organ failure.
- Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018 in Assam has been given to young writer-critic Dr Debabhuson Borah for his book on literary criticism titled 'Nirbochon'. The Munin Barkotoki Memorial Trust announced the annual Award instituted to encourage young and promising writers in Assamese.
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat announced that Indian Army has dedicated the Year 2018 to the welfare of Disabled Soldiers who have been disabled in the line of duty, when serving for India.
- Indian Revenue Service officer Sanjay Mishra was appointed as the new Enforcement Directorate Director (ED) in an additional capacity for three months. He has replaced Karnal Singh. He has also been appointed as the Principal Special Director in the same agency.
- Public Service Broadcasting Day was celebrated across India on 12th November. Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated annually to commemorate the only visit of Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947. The Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi addressed the displaced people, who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana following partition. On 12th November 2018, a function was organized at the premises of All India Radio in New Delhi.
- R K Singh, Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy inaugurated the 'International Symposium to Promote Innovation & Research in Energy Efficiency' (INSPIRE 2018) on 11 November 2018. It is being organised by Energy Efficiency Services Limited and World Bank. It will focus on enhancing grid management, e-Mobility, and technologies for energy efficiency in India.
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book 'Yoga and Mindfulness' authored by Yoga exponent, Ms. Mansi Gulati, at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Conference Hall, Vice President's House, in New Delhi. This book stresses that, yoga is not just asanas, but anything you do with mindfulness and dedication is yoga. This book helps in making yoga a part of your daily day life. It explains the link between physical exercises and mindfulness. It helps in understanding the philosophy behind yoga and also explains how various asanas are performed, with the help of pictures. It also lists the benefits of every asana.