- The Maharashtra government has launched a special scheme to curb infant deaths. The scheme is applicable only for the first child and will benefit around four lakh women across the state, Women. Each kit contains a blanket, a small mattress, a towel, a thermometer, baby oil, shampoo, toys, nail-cutter, gloves, socks, among other things. The cost of the kit is around Rs 2,000. For this cause, Child Development Minister Pankaja Munde distributed baby-care kits to the children born in primary health centres and government hospitals.
- ISRO Unveils Human Space Flight Centre in Bengaluru. It aims to send humans to space by December 2021 through its Gaganyaan mission. The Centre is dedicated to developing critical technologies for human space missions.
- January 30 is celebrated as Martyrs Day to honour the brave martyrs of India who have sacrificed their lives for the country. On the occasion of Martyrs Day, the President, the Vice President, the Prime Minister, the Defence Minister, and the three Service Chiefs gather at the Gandhiji's samadhi at Raj Ghat memorial and lay wreaths. Bugles are blown sounding the Last Post. A two-minute silence in memory of Indian martyrs is observed across the country at 11 AM and participants hold all-religion prayers and sing tributes in the honour of Martyrs.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has launched the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP) to attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country. It is inaugurated at the fourth Convention of 2-day "Agrivision-2019" organized by Vidyarthi Kalyan Nyas in Pusa, New Delhi. This project (Rs 1100 crore) is to be funded by the World Bank and the Indian Government on a 50:50 basis. To enhance the participation of students in agricultural business, READY (Rural Entrepreneurship Awareness Development Yojana) is also provided to the students.
- The 8-member Lokpal search panel hold its first meeting to select members of anti-corruption ombudsman Lokpal. The committee, headed by former Supreme Court judge Ranjana Prakash Desai, is understood to have discussed modalities related to the appointments of the chief and members of Lokpal. The meeting comes days after the Supreme Court set up a February-end deadline for the search committee to send a panel of names who could be considered for the appointment as chairman and members of Lokpal by Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led selection committee. The Lokpal Act, which envisages establishment of the anti-graft body Lokpal at the Centre and Lokayuktas in states to look into cases of corruption against certain categories of public servants, was passed in 2013.
- Uttar Pradesh state cabinet has approved construction of a four-lane Ganga Expressway connecting Prayagraj to Western Utter Pradesh which would cost about 36,000 crore rupees. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath stated that this expressway will provide better connectivity to Prayagraj. Ganga Expressway will be 600 kilometres long and can be expanded to six-lane in future. Chief Minister also stated that after completion it would be longest in the world.
- Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (HMWSSB) has been conferred ODF++ (Open Defecation Free Plus Plus) status by the Swachh Bharat Mission in the run-up to the Swachh Survekshan rankings. Swachh Bharat Mission: Launched on: October 2014 Launched by: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Aim: To eliminate open defecation through the construction of household-owned and community-owned toilets During the period of 2014 to 2019, it aimed to clean up the streets, roads, and infrastructure of India's cities, towns, and rural areas.
- K.J. Alphons, Union Minister for Tourism has inaugurated the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Project of the Union Ministry of Tourism at the Zero Point, Gangtok, Sikkim. This project was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in June 2015 for Rs. 98.05 crores. Swadesh Darshan Scheme is one of the flagship scheme of Ministry of tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned manner. Under this scheme, the Government is focussing on the development of quality infrastructure in the country with the objective of providing better experience and facilities to the visitors and on fostering economic growth.
- Senior diplomat Sunjay Sudhir was appointed as India's Ambassador to the Maldives.He presently works as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,which he will be resigning shortly. Also,government appointed Vinay Singh Chauhan as the Ambassador of India to Burkina Faso who is presently Consulate General of India.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal received the Carnot prize for his work towards sustainable energy solutions from University of Pennsylvania in New Delhi. This award rewards the works done by Piyush Goyal to reform the electricity sector and extended access to electricity to 18,000 villages.