- UASG (Universal Acceptance Steering Group) conferred "Universal Acceptance Thought Leader award" on Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje for providing Rajmail email service for citizens of Rajasthan in local script. UASG has recognised the work of Vasundhara Raje and IT Department for Rajmail project that offers access to email address to people in Rajasthan in Indic script. The technology for Rajmail was developed by Data XGen Technologies, a Rajasthan based firm.
- The 49th edition of the International Film Festival of India opened with the gala opening ceremony at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Indoor Stadium in Goa. The 9-day event will showcase 212 films from 68 countries. While The Aspern Papers is the opening film, Sealed Lips will be the closing movie. Chaitanya Prasad is the Director of Festival. While Israel is the focus country, Jharkhand is the focus state this year. Ten Israeli films including The Other Story will be screened at the IFFI. Veteran Israeli filmmaker Dan Wolman will be given the Lifetime Achievement Award this year.
- In Haryana, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently laid foundation of India's first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University at village Dudhola in Palwal district via remote control . The University would impart skill training to the youth and encourage them to be self employed. It's campus would be developed over 82.7 acres at a sum of over Rs 1,000 crore
- November 17th is seen annually as National Epilepsy Day to create awareness about epilepsy in India. According to World Health Organization (WHO), about 50 million people have epilepsy across the world, out of which 80 percent people are living in developing countries. Globally, the World Epilepsy Day or better known as Purple Day is observed on March 26th annually.
- Jalaj Srivastava, a 1984 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, has been appointed the chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI). The IWAI comes under the Union Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways, currently headed by Nitin Gadkari. Srivastava is presently working as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture.
- President Ram Nath Kovind addresses Vietnam India business forum and Indian Community at Hanoi in Vietnam on Monday. The President urged Vietnamese and Indian businesses to partner each other for trade and investment, and technology collaboration.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation launched AirSewa web portal and mobile app in November 2016 to address Air passengers' issues. Suresh Prabhu and Jayant Sinha also gave away the champion award to Chennai airport which saw 100% timely closure of grievances in one year.
- Chandramukhi Muvvala contesting in the upcoming Assembly Elections. Chandramukhi Muvvala, who filed her nomination against former minister and senior Congress leader Mukesh Goud and controversial BJP leader T Raja Singh in Goshamahal constituency for Bahujana Left Front (BLF) ticket. She announced that her aims to fight for equal rights and against atrocities on transgender persons if she wins.
- Tripura will host the 7th International Tourism Mart from 22nd November 2018 at Agartala. The three day event, which aims at propagate tourism potentials of the northeast states, will have tour operator delegates from 18 countries. The International Tourism Mart is an annual event that is held in the northeastern states. Tripura will be hosting it for the first time this year. The estimated budget of the fair this year is Rs 2.6 crore. This event has been organized in Assam, Meghalaya and Manipur in the past. The previous edition of this event was organized in Guwahati in December 2017.