- Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), a public sector miner, launched the social media wall on the YouTube Channel Singareni Siren, Facebook application, Instagram and Twitter handles, all at one place. It aims at bringing together all the social media applications introduced to disseminate information on the developments. The application would incorporate information pertaining to coal production, transport and details of power generation by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)-run plants in addition to welfare activities taken up by the company for the employees as well as those residing in the mining areas.
- Thyssenkrupp, the German industrial giant, appointed Vivek Bhatia as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Thyssenkrupp Industries India. Mr.Bhatia was earlier the CEO - Asia Pacific at Thyssenkrupp AG, driving group activities for all Thyssenkrupp companies in the region. Prior to joining Thyssenkrupp, Mr. Bhatia was earlier with Boston Consulting Group, India.
- IIT Bombay and 7 public sector oil companies inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for setting up Centre of Excellence in Oil, Gas and Energy. The 7 company includes Indian Oil Corp; Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC); GAIL India Ltd; Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL); Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL); Oil India Ltd and Engineers India Ltd. This would link up energy industry and academics to help jointly address energy requirements with new and innovative, indigenous technology.
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC), the nation's biggest oil firm, announced commission of its first Rs 5,151-crore worth Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) import terminal in Ennore, Tamil Nadu. This is the first LNG import terminal IOC has built on its own and will become operational by the end of January 2019. IOC holds 95 per cent stake in the Ennore LNG import terminal. Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO) has 5 per cent. The firm is also working on laying a 1,385 km natural gas pipeline originating from the Ennore terminal to Nagapattinam in Tamil Nadu via Puducherry. Also, branch pipelines will be laid in Madurai, Tuticorin, and Bengaluru to meet the LNG demand.
- PayU India's CEO Amrish Rau joined as the head of financial technology partnerships and investments for Naspers' fin tech business. Nasper is South African parent of PayU. Rau will continue to report to Laurent le Moal the chief executive of PayU, which is headquartered in the Netherlands.