- The World Trade Organisation's (WTO) panel is to examine the India-U.S. export case.
- WTO's dispute settlement body has set up a panel to examine the U.S.' complaint against certain export-subsidy measures by India as both the sides failed to resolve the issue at the consultation level.
- Earlier 2018, the U.S. dragged India to WTO over export subsidies, saying that these incentives were harming the American firms. The U.S. has requested for the establishment of a dispute panel to examine the allegations on India's export incentive measures.
- The U.S. also challenged India's export subsidy programmes such as Merchandise Exports from India Scheme in the WTO, asserting that these initiatives harm its companies by creating an uneven playing field.
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Gas Transportation Infrastructure Ltd. has won oil regulator Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board's (PNGRB) approval for selling its loss-making east-west natural gas pipeline to Canadian investor Brookfield.
- A decade back Brookfield built a 1,400-km pipeline from Kakinada to Bharuch to transport natural gas discovered in a KG basin block operated by Reliance Industries.
- The pipeline has a capacity to transport 80 million standard cubic metres per day of natural gas and is currently operating at less than 5% of its capacity as output from KG-D6 block of RIL.
- An MOU was signed by Tayek Talom, Director of Higher and Technical Education of Arunachal Pradesh and Alan Gemmell, Director of British Council India, on the sidelines of the Tawang Festival. This agreement hopefully will connect the the youth of Arunachal Pradesh to international expertise and ideas.
- The India Cements Ltd. (ICL), a leading cement manufacturer, has signed a deal for the acquisition of Springway Mining Private Limited.
- The share acquisition is to happen in a phased manner. The transaction involves a total consideration of Rs.82.89 crore. Springway Springway, which is incorporated in 2010, has a paid-up capital of Rs.20 crore.
- It is engaged mainly in the mining and quarrying business. ICL had acquired it with an idea to set up a cement plant in Madhya Pradesh. ICL is planning a clinker grinding unit in East Nimar district of Madhya Pradesh.