- The conference on Global Digital Content Market (GDCM) 2018 has started in New Delhi with focus on 'Asia Pacific region'. The 2-day conference will feature sessions on music, film, broadcasting and publishing, as well as collective management, emerging models and the implications for the market and policy makers. It is being organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry. India has been chosen as a host nation for the conference byWorld Intellectual Property Organization(WIPO) due to the strong creative industry in the country in films, music and media. GDCM 2018 is the second edition of the conference. The aim of GDCM 2018 is to give industry stakeholders a platform to come together and discuss new avenues in the films, music, gaming and creative industry.
- Mahindra Electric Mobility has opened a new electric technology manufacturing hub which is of worth Rs.100 crore in Bengaluru. The new plant has rolled out its lithium-ion three-wheeler range, Treo and Treo Yaari. The new facility will make battery packs, power electronics and motor assembly which are an integral part of an electric powertrain. The plant uses global standards of manufacturing processes. It will increase the manufacturing capacity to 25,000 units per annum from the current 5,000 units. It will also have a flexible production line where Mahindra can make both three- and four-wheelers.
- The 38th India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi with theme - Rural Enterprises in India. The 14-day annual event will continue till 27th of this month. Afghanistan is the Partner Country, while Nepal will be the Focus Country. Jharkhand is participating as a Partner State in the event. Around 800 participants from States and Government Departments, domestic and International companies are taking part to showcase their product
- India's second largest IT services firm Infosys named Jayesh Sanghrajka as its interim Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The current CFO, MD Ranganath, step down after an 18-year career with the company. Sanghrajka has spent 13 years in Infosys over two stints and is currently Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Financial Officer.
- O.P. Bhatt, former SBI chairman, has resigned from the search and selection committee of Yes Bank which was set up to identify a new Managing Director and CEO. He cited conflict of interest. Mr. Bhatt has attended three meetings of the search committee. Yes Bank stated that the Nomination and Remuneration Committee (NRC) has decided to continue with the existing members to complete the process as per the timeline communicated by RBI.