Free online sliding puzzles
Online sliding puzzles games are the difficult format of the traditional puzzle and tests your problem solving skills in a fun way. Olympiad tester has designed these special but free online sliding puzzles games which families can play and learn together. These sliding puzzles can be solved at different difficulty levels.
INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS TO SOLVE SLIDING PUZZLES
- Click one of the tiles closest to the empty space and slide it into the empty space.
- Keep clicking the tiles to move them into the empty spaces. Faster you solve the sliding puzzle (with fewer moves), higher will be your score.
- Try to get any one of the rows lined up properly as per the tile order. To make it easier, keep this row together as you slide the tiles Consider each puzzle piece carefully and try to figure out where it will go in the puzzle.
- If you do not think ahead, your future moves can ruin your previous slides. This can be very frustrating.
HISTORY OF SLIDING PUZZLES
- Sliding block puzzles have been delighting puzzles solvers for more than a century.
- The credit for the first sliding puzzle goes to Noyes Chapman. In 1880, he used 15 tiles instead of a picture for his puzzle.
- The puzzle was ann instant hit and the rest is history as they say. Today, sliding puzzles are a favourite pastime with all puzzle lovers.