ATL Tinkering Marathon 2021 by NITI Aayog
Posted by Olympiad Tester on
Applications are invited for ATL Tinkering Marathon 2021 by NITI Aayog. The last date of application is 6 March 2022.
About ATL Tinkering Marathon 2021
The ATL Marathon is Atal Innovation Mission’s flagship innovation challenge, where schools identify community problems of their choice and develop innovative solutions in the form of working prototypes. The last edition of Marathon witnessed 7000+ innovations, the top 300 of them got internship opportunities with top companies of India, prizes and certificates from AIM, NITI Aayog.
This year we celebrate the resilience, diversity and achievements of India as we begin the 75th year of Independence. To commemorate this special year, ATL Marathon 2021 will draw inspiration from developing a New India with the innovation and creativity of the young minds of our country.
The Marathon will be based on the ‘Strategy for New India @ 75’ document by NITI Aayog. This national strategy document for New India is a detailed exposition of forty-one crucial areas of national importance for achieving the objectives for a New India by 2022-23.
- Innovate to create solutions to make education and learning inclusive and resilient for all children – Those with no access to devices or internet (Mobiles,Laptops,TVs) those that are in regions with extreme weather conditions, those with no access to a school (physical or virtual)
- Innovate to integrate soft skills (personality building, confidence etc.), technical skills (digital and 21st century skills) and a mindset of innovation in the curriculum for schools/colleges to ensure students have the skillsets to become successful entrepreneurs or professionals.
Energy & Transportation
- Innovate a system that could improve rider/driver (motorcycles, cars, trucks, and/or any other vehicle)/citizen (people and animals on the road) safety and prevent road accidents
- Innovate solutions that reduce the carbon footprint as well as adopt climate-resilient and low-carbon strategies to enable the transition to truly sustainable India
Health & Nutrition
- Innovate solutions specifically solving problems faced by patients suffering from the most common diseases of India. You can choose a disease from this list or pick another disease to create a solution – Diabetes, Anaemia, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Typhoid or others
- Innovate to build solutions to find novel ways to address health and nutrition challenges such as malnutrition, obesity etc.
- Innovate to create a sustainable model for financial inclusion which will help India get closer to the goal of no poverty by providing accessible and affordable financial services to all.
- Innovate to create solutions to build inclusivity in the society in terms of languages and cultures so that localised access can be made possible for information related to education, financial literacy and government policies/schemes.
- A team comprising of students (from ATL and Non-ATL schools) can submit their entries in the Marathon.
- Keep your ATL UID handy while applying. Kindly enter the correct ATL UID to move forward.
- The innovations by the student teams can be aligned to any one of the problem statements of the ATL Marathon 2021 or ‘Any Other’ problem that they see around them relevant to the broad themes of the ATL Marathon 2021.
- The final entry of the innovation will be in form of a Research document and Video file (both mandatory)
- ATL In-Charge, School Teachers, Mentors of Change, Alumni and external mentors from the local ATL ecosystem may support the student teams.
- Each Team shall consist of maximum 3 students (class 6th to 12th) and one ATL in-charge/ School Teacher (must be employee of the ATL School). We encourage ATL schools to also include other school and/or community students within the Team Composition.
The online application form includes:
Document Submission (description of the innovation/ solution)
The document (300 words only) should cover aspects of research (primary and secondary research) on the problem statement such as : Why have you selected the problem statement, the idea behind the innovation/ solution, which technique/ technology you have used, the various technical components of the application/ solution (e.g. cloud connect, database, etc.)
Video Submission (link to the video)
The content flow is expected to be as follows:
- Introduction to the current working prototype/ solution (360-degree view)
- Functionalities and salient features
- On-ground testing/ implementation – The journey
- Role of each team member
- Involvement of community/ local mentors/ institutions/ industry sharing their feedback of the solution (if any)
Last date to submit entries for the ATL Marathon 2021 is 6th March 2022.