Check this sample question paper for Class 3 CBSE. This has questions on the chapter "Measurement of Length, Weight and Capacity".
For more Chapterwise tests visit our FREE SECTION. Each test in our free section allows only 1 attempt. Answer keys and explanations are not included in our FREE tests.
Our paid course for Class 3 CBSE Maths includes comprehensive chapterwise tests with answers covering all the chapters mentioned in the latest CBSE syllabus for Class 3. We provide explanations for each question at the end of the test. Our paid members can take each of the tests multiple times. CBSE study material for Class 3 at Olympiadtester strictly follows the NCERT examination pattern.
To explore and purchase our courses please visit the BUY COURSES section on our website.1) Which of the following is the heaviest?
- 8009 g
- 8900 g
- 8 kg 90 g
- 8 kg 9 g
2) Express 4 m 3 cm in cm.
- 43 cm
- 403 cm
- 430 cm
- 4030 cm
3) Troy and his team collected an amount of water for the competition they took part in. The amount of water was poured into measuring cyclinder.
How much is the amount of water they collect?
- 1500 mℓ
- 1575 mℓ
- 2100 mℓ
- 3250 mℓ
4) The capacity of a household kettle is approximately ________.
- 25 ℓ
- 25 mℓ
- 250 ℓ
- 2500 mℓ
5) 5 km 66 m = __________m
- 506 m
- 566 m
- 5,066 m
- 50,066 m
6) The diagram below shows the volume of water in beakers A and B. What is the total volume of water in the two beakers?
7) Study the figure below. What is the mass of each disc?
- 9 kg 800 g
- 4 kg 900 g
- 2 kg 450 g
- 1 kg 225 g
8) The volume of Bottle A is 650mℓ. The volume of Bottle B is 200mℓ less than that of Bottle A. The volume of Bottle B is 300mℓ more than Bottle C.Find the volume of Bottle C.
9) Joseph bought orange syrup for a party.
He drank 250mℓ of it and poured the rest equally into 2 jugs.
Each jug contained 800mℓ of orange syrup.
How much orange syrup did Joseph buy in the beginning?
Answer : _________mℓ
10) The total mass of Sai and Vicky is ____________.
- 56 kg
- 62 kg
- 75 kg
- 80 kg
11) A pole is painted blue and red as shown below.The red part is 64 cm long.It is 18 cm longer than the blue part.
How long is the pole?
Answer : __________cm
12) Mrs Suri bought some bottles of cooking oil as shown below. How much cooking oil did she buy altogether?
Give your answer in ℓ and mℓ.
Answer : ________ℓ_______mℓ
- 3 ℓ 450 mℓ
- 4 ℓ 150 mℓ
- 4 ℓ 250 mℓ
- 5 ℓ 150 mℓ
13) The capacity of a pail is 8 ℓ. 7 bottles of water are poured into the empty pail. Each bottle contains 695 mℓ of water. How much more water must be added to fill the pail completely?
- 2 ℓ 185 mℓ
- 3 ℓ 105 mℓ
- 3 ℓ 135 mℓ
- 3 ℓ 195 mℓ
14) Three children have a total mass of 108 kg. Muthu is 12 kg lighter than Bob. Ken is twice as heacy as Muthu. What is Ken's weight?
15) Nyasa bought 186 cm of cloth. Mili bought 39 cm more cloth than Nyasa.
Lily bought two times as much cloth as Mili. How much cloth did Lily buy?
Answer : __________
16) A, B and C are containers. A can hold twice as much water as B. B can hold four times as much water as C. If the capacity of B is 44ℓ , find the total capacity of A and C.
16) Some trees are planted at equal distance from each other. The distance between the 2nd tree and the 5th tree is 12m. Find the distance between the 1st and the 6th tree?
Answer : ___________________________
17) When three girls stood on a weighing scale together, it read 104kg. One of the girls stepped off and the scale moved down to 74kg. Another girl jumped off and the scale showed 35kg. What was the mass of the heaviest girl?
18) 79m 6 cm = _____________cm
19) Express 3km 20m in metres.
- 302 m
- 320 m
- 3020 m
- 3200 m
20) Tank A has a capacity of 23ℓ 130 mℓ.
Tank B has a capacity which is 5 ℓ 70 mℓ more than Tank A.
What is the capacity of Tank B?
Ans:______ℓ ______ mℓ
21) What is the volume of water in the measuring cylinder?
22) Jess made a drink by mixing 125 mℓ of fruit syrup with 4 cups of water. If the capacity of the cup is 350 mℓ, what is the amount of drink she made?
23) 40 km 8 m is the same as _________ m.
- 40 008
- 40 080
- 40 800
- 48 000
24) After cutting 8 pieces of ribbon each 45 cm long, Jeremy has 28 cm of ribbon left.
What was the length of the ribbon at first?
- 269 cm
- 332 cm
- 360 cm
- 388 cm
25) What is the reading on the scale?
- 1600 g
- 1700 g
- 1800 g
- 1900 g
26) The length of the wooden plank AB is 45cm. John wants to make cuts on the wooden plank at 9-cm intervals. How many cuts will he have made from A to B?
27) Look at the picture below.
Given that the mass of both jars of peanut butter is the same, find the mass of 1 jar of peanut butter.
28) What is the likely height of the bookshelf?
29) The mass of a beaker of water is filled to the brim was 650g. When half of the amount of water was poured out, the total mass of the beaker of water became 410g. What was the mass of the empty beaker?
30) A pail has 6ℓ 335mℓ of water. 1ℓ 780mℓ more water are needed to fill up the pail. What is the capacity of the pail?
Express your answer in litres and millilitres.
31) 6 km 5m = _____ m
32) Express 1890g in kilograms and grams.
- 1 kg 89g
- 1 kg 890g
- 18 kg 9g
- 18 kg 90g
33) A pail has 6ℓ 335mℓ of water. 1ℓ 780mℓ more water are needed to fill up the pail. What is the capacity of the pail?
Express your answer in litres and millilitres.
34) The length of a rope is 3 times the length of a ribbon. If the length of the ribbon is 72cm, what is the length of the rope?
35) When a tank is filled with 33 litres of water, it is only 1/3 full.
The capacity of the tank is ____ litres.
36) Tara drives from the MRT station to the school to fetch her son.She then drops by at the bakery store before she heads back home. What is the total distance travelled by Tara if she takes the shortest possible route?
- 1 km 452m
- 2km 352m
- 3km 54m
- 8km 301m
37) The distance between every 2 lamp posts is 200m. Calculate the distance between the first and tenth lamp post. Give your answer in km and m.
38) A jar containing flour weighs 6 kg 459g. If the flour weighs 3 kg 50g, what is the mass of the empty jar?
Answer: ________________ g
39) Which of the following is 1cm shorter than 10m?
40) A bottle and a container have a total capacity of 3ℓ 500ml. If the container can hold 600 ml more water than the bottle, what is the capacity of the container?
41) May bought 3 pieces of cloth. The length of the blue and red cloth was 1m 5cm each. The green cloth was 70cm long. What was the total length of the 3 pieces of cloth?
42) Pari's mass is 21 kg.
Tom's mass is 2 kg more than Pari.
Hira's mass is 5 kg less than Tom.
Eli's mass is the total mass of Pari, Tom and Hira.
What is Eli's mass?
43) In a swimming competition, Jessy was 3m behind Peter. Kiran was 4m ahead of Jessy. Dev was 2m behind Kiran. How far apart was Dev from Jessy?
44) Mike, Dan, Ed and Andy took part in a swimming race. Andy was 7 m behind Dan. Dan was 4 m ahead of Ed. Mike was 3 m ahead of Dan.What was the difference in distance between the first and the last swimmers?
45) 10 identical pails filled completely with water are needed to fill up an 8-litre tank. What is the capacity of each pail?
46) Mother pours 5 cans of coke and 500 mℓ of lime juice into a jug.
Each can of coke contains 330 mℓ of coke.
What is the total volume of the mixed drink of coke and lime juice in the jug?
(Express your answer in ℓ and ml)
47) Margaret trained hard for a competition one morning.
She swam 500 m, ran 1500 m and cycled 2400 m.
What was the total distance covered by her that morning?
(Give your answer in km and m)
Answer: __km ___m
48) Tom takes part in a 400-metre race.He is 49 metres from the starting point.How much more must he run to finish the race?
49) Martin has 8m of string. He cuts it into 2 pieces.
The 1st piece is 1m 40cm longer than the 2nd piece.
Find the length of the 1st piece.
50) Ali walked 200 m to the bus stop from his house. Then he travelled to a shopping centre by bus, which was 7 times the distance from his house to the bus stop. What was the total distance travelled by Ali from his house to the shopping centre?
Answer: ________km __________m
51) String A is 752 cm long. It is 2 m 8 cm shorter than Sting B.
Find the length of String B
- 472 cm
- 544 cm
- 960 cm
- 1032 cm
52) Mohan drives 8085m from his home to his office. What is the distance he travels in km and m?
- 0 km 885m
- 8 km 85m
- 8 km 850m
- 80km 85m
53) What is 2 m 5 cm in centimetres?
- 25 cm
- 205 cm
- 2005 cm
- 2050 cm
54) Mrs Lim used 250 ml of paint to paint a window. How much paint did she use to paint 5 windows?
55) Adrian ran thrice as far as Benny.
Benny ran 240m lesser than Danny.
Danny ran 360m lesser than Adrian.
How far did Benny run?
56) The mass of a box with 4 identical books is 780g.
The same box with 2 identical books is 400g.
What is the mass of each book?
57) A bottle contains 1500 ml of apple juice and a can contains 750 ml of mango juice. During a promotion, 4 bottles of apple juice comes with 1 free can of mango juice. Find the total amount of juice in this package in l and ml.
58) There were 20 trees planted along a straight road. The distance between each tree and the next was equal for all trees. The distance between the first tree and the third tree was 50m. What was the distance between the first tree and the fifth tree?
59) The diagram below shows the total mass of 3 similar boxes and a ball.
Each box has a mass of 225 g. What is the mass of the ball?
60) A car needs 260 ml of petrol to travel each kilometre.
If it travels 7 km, how many millilitres of petrol does it need in all?
For Answers and Explanations and many more Chapterwise Tests , please buy our course. For every chapter in the CBSE syllabus, we have 20 - 30 tests.