Class 8 IMO Topper's prep guide
Class 8 IMO Topper's prep guide of Olympiadtester has top quality online mock tests, daily sample question papers, chapter-wise practice tests, printable pdf worksheets, higher order thinking (HOT) and previous year question bank. We are the preferred Maths Olympiad preparation platform of #1 International rankers and gold medalists.
CHOOSE STUDY MATERIAL
15 Questions, 1 hrClass 8 IMO Maths Olympiad Online mock test has higher order thinking questions as per the IMO sy...
New test every dayClass 8 IMO Maths Olympiad online practice tests across all chapters as per SOF syllabus and exam...
Free downloadDownload official sample question papers of major Maths Olympiads along with syllabus and exam pa...
HOT + Previous yearClass 8 IMO higher order thinking and previous year questions of Maths Olympiads
35 Questions with Answer keyView Class 8 IMO PDF Worksheets for higher order thinking questions which will help you crack the...
FAQs - Class 8 IMO Maths Olympiad
What is Class 8 International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)?
Class 8 IMO is a competitive exam conducted by Science Olympiad foundation (SOF) at the national as well as international level. This is a tough but a very prestigious exam to crack. The questions in this Class 8 Maths Olympiad are of higher order thinking and deeply test the mathematical concepts of class 8 students. They help the child develop analytical mind and develop conceptual mathematical knowledge.
What study material does Olympiadtester provide for Class 8 IMO preparation?
We provide the following study material to help prepare and excel at Class 8 International Mathematics Olympiads:
- Class 8 IMO Online mock tests
- Class 8 IMO Chapter-wise practice tests
- Class 8 IMO Sample model question papers
- Class 8 IMO higher order thinking questions
- Class 8 IMO printable pdf worksheets
- Class 8 IMO previous year questions
What are the exam dates for Class 8 IMO?
SOF IMO for class 8 will be conducted on three dates. A school may select one date to conduct the SOF IMO as per it’s convenience. Each date of exam has a separate question paper.
- 1st date – 10th November 2022
- 2nd date – 22nd November 2022
- 3rd date – 13th December 2022
How can my child participate in Class 8 International Mathematics Olympiad?
These competitive Maths Olympiad exams are open to all Class 8 students to participate. Normally, the child needs to participate in this competitive exam through the school. The tests are organized in respective schools during school hours. Schools that are registered with SOF are given the registration forms which should be filled by the school and returned to SOF before the due date.
What is the syllabus and format of Class 8 IMO?
Class 8 IMO has 50 questions across 4 sections with a duration of 1 hour. Students can get a maximum of 60 marks.
- Section – 1 : Verbal & Non-verbal reasoning.
- (No of questions = 15, Marks per question = 1)
- Section – 2 : Rational Numbers, Squares and Square Roots, Cubes and Cube Roots, Exponents and Powers, Comparing Quantities, Algebraic Expressions and Identities, Linear Equations in One Variable, Understanding Quadrilaterals, Constructions, Mensuration, Visualising Solid Shapes, Data Handling, Direct and Inverse Variations, Factorisation, Introduction to Graphs, Playing with Numbers.
- (No of questions = 20, Marks per question = 1)
- Section – 3 : Syllabus as per Section – 2.
- (No of questions = 10, Marks per question = 1)
- Section – 4 : Higher Order Thinking Questions - Syllabus as per Section – 2.
- (No of questions = 5, Marks per question = 3)
Kindly note that SOF Class 8 Maths Olympiads strictly follow the syllabus for Class 8 that is prescribed in schools across all boards . So the student can use the school text books to study the course and use the self assessment tests from Olympiad Prep guide of Olympiadtester to make concepts clearer and get a close experience of how the actual Olympiads would be. They help in developing competitive mindset in the child from the beginning.
What are the IMO awards and rewards for class 8 IMO?
Each student will be given a Student Performance Report (SPR). The SPR will help the student to assess the strong and weak points and also gives a detailed comparison on the performance of the Class 8 student with respect to other Class 8 students at School, City, Zonal and International level.
SOF gives exiciting cash awards and scholarships for students who do well at the international and zonal levels. For more details on scholarships and cash rewards given by SOF, please visit the official website of SOF.
When will the results be announced for Class 8 IMO?
SOF declares Class 8 International Mathematics Olympiad results within 8 weeks of the examination. The results of SOF Olympiad 2022 will be sent to the respective schools.You will also get the link here when SOF declares the SOF Class 8 IMO results.