Terms and Conditions for the Tinkle IdeaStar Contest 2019
1. Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd. (“ACK”) is organizing a contest “Tinkle Idea Star”(“Contest”).
2. The contest is promoted by Amar Chitra Katha Pvt. Ltd. having its registered office is at AFL House, 7th Floor, Lok Bharti Complex, Marol Maroshi Rd, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400059.
3. The contest is open to children who are below 18 (Eighteen) years of age (“Participant”), entering through their parent/guardian and who are residents of India.
4. By entering this contest, a Participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
5. To enter the Contest, the Participant shall submit suggestions / idea (“Idea”) based on Tinkle toon characters: Ina, Mina, Mynah and Mo. An Idea shall mean for example - Participants will have to come up with an idea/suggestion about a distinct and separate super power for each character of Ina, Mina, Mynah and Mo.
6. ACK shall select 2 winning ideas and 50 Ideas to be announced as consolation prize (“Winners”). There will be only 2 winning entries. The 2 winning entries will be adapted into comics by ACK.
7. By entering this Contest, a Participant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. There is no entry fee to enter this contest.
9. The Contest will start from July 1st, 2019 to August 15th 2019 and entries received before August 15th 2019 shall only be considered.
10. The Participant can send his/her entries through online link provided in the copy of Tinkle Magazine - June 2019 issue; Kids will have to submit ideas through the Google form.
11. No entries to the contest will be accepted via email or post.
12. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
13. Closing date for entry will be August 15th, 2019. After this date the no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
14. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
15. Editorial team of ACK shall in its sole discretion shortlist ideas submitted by the Participants for each Tinkle toon on merit basis.
16. The winners of the Contest shall be informed by the Company by a medium of communication of its choice.
17. ACK editorial team shall select 2 best ideas (1st and 2nd Prize) that will be adapted into comics. It will be published in the second issue of November and December 2019
18. ACK shall contact the winners to obtain details of their email/address in order to
(i) send the consent form to the winners/ their parents/ guardian and the winners should send back the consent form along with their picture.
(ii) send the prizes.
19. Prizes distributed and any changes to the prizes will be on the sole discretion of the Company.
20. AK shall not be held responsible if the prizes delivered to the winners are damaged or get spoilt.
21. In the event, the winner fails to respond within 15 days from the date of being notified and/or ACK is unable to contact the winner despite reasonable effort, then ACK reserves the right to change the winner.
22. By submitting the Ideas Participants agrees that the Ideas submitted by the Participant is original and is not imitated, copied or infringe the right of any third party.
23. The Participant agrees that all rights associated with the story based on the Idea sent shall vest with ACK at all times. The Company shall retain all right, title and interest in its patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade name, trade dress, service marks and trade secrets and/or creations, model, data, flow chart, drawing, design, diagram, table, artwork, innovation or any other information or material ("Intellectual Property Rights") in perpetuity.
24. By submitting the Idea, the Participant undertakes that he/she is the owner of the Idea. In the event it is claimed that the idea submitted by the Participant infringes any person’s copyright, the Participant agree to indemnify against all costs, expenses, losses, fines etc. incurred, borne or suffered by the Company.
25. The Company reserves the right to change any of the rules of this Contest while it is running if it appears appropriate to do so, including extending the closing date.
26. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. All matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Mumbai only.
27. ACK’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.